The Wood and the water
The Wood And The Water, for harp and electronics, is composed by Eleanor Turner using MyoSpat. The piece represents the primary output of the HarpCI project. The performance explores principles of human-computer interaction in the field of musical performance. The performer, Eleanor Turner, elaborates the auditory and visual feedback through hand gestures. Such elaborations make herself and the audience explore the acoustic space and sounds living in it as tangible.
Although, the video is mastered for a stereophonic reproduction, live performances of the piece take place using a quadriphonic audio system. Thanks to a more accurate spatialisation, the audience can experience a fully immersive experience made of light and sound projections.
- 19/09/2017, Electronic Music Week 2017, Shanghai Conservatoire, Shanghai (China)
- 25/08/2017, Audio Mostly 2017, Queen Mary University, London (UK)
- 15/05/2017 - HarpCI Workshop - Southampton University (UK)
- 04/04/2017 - HarpCI Workshop - Cardiff Camac Harp Weekend - Cardif Metropolitan College (UK)
- 03/03/2017 - HarpCI Workshop - Integra Lab, Birmingham Conservatoire (BCU)
- 21/01/2017 - 17:45 - HARP DAY 2017 - Dome Room 1, Bramall Music Building - University of Birmingham(UK)
- 20/01/201 January, Bramall Music Building, University of Birmingham (UK)
- 15/01/2017, Spotted Dog -104 Warwick St, Digbeth, Birmingham B12 0NH