When I first met Balandino I had been playing the electric harp for twelve years, making looped pieces using effects, but it didn’t feel real. Compared to the responsiveness and varied timbres of the acoustic harp, I was severely limited with my basic set up. I wanted to create relevant music to express myself and something of the world today and I had a dream of being like Björk; collaborating with sound designers and creating an other-worldly amplified show with emotional impact. Until I tried MyoSpat, that concept could not have been further away. MyoSpat has transformed my experience of playing the electric harp. I was trapped in a solitary world of rigid loops and twiddling dials on pedals, whereas now I can move freely, incorporating sign language and spoken word whilst playing the harp. I am hooked on HarpCI and want to write a whole show using it: what I’m capable of musically and expressively is finally converging with what I’m actually able to achieve! Working with Balandino has given me a direct means of communicating with the audience through a more physical performance style and the use of multiple effects and lights, intrinsically linked with the musical creation.
His seriousness and his commitment, his need for in-depth analysis allow him dealing with demanding tasks with dynamism and enthusiasm and to ride out possible difficulties.
His loyalty, punctuality and his plain attitude endear him to people and allow him creating a serene and harmonic climate in a work context, even in a team.
His professional motivations, his ability to adapt even to critical conditions also to its human and relational qualities allow him working efficaciously, achieving the set goals. His passion for research and his determination are his main strengths and represent an asset for the employer. The collaborations with CRM were always very satisfying and productive.
I have known Balandino for five years, as a student and as a collaborator in sound design at CRM Centro Ricerche Musicali (Center for Musical Research).
Balandino has the abilities to create, both in artistic and technological fields, original solutions. I appreciated his capacities to work in equip and his ability in organising complex duties.He his honest and generous with his companions and ever available to help them. He is obstinate when it has to finish work.
He collaborated to the realisation of interactive adaptive works of art which combine music to sculpture to sound diffusion technologies as well as interactive performance with augmented instruments (Feed-drum).Consequently he already knows the aesthetical as well as the technical questions related to the interactive performance.
- STROMATOLITE LTD (UK)
- INSTITUT DE RECHERCHE ET DE COORDINATION ACOUSTIQUE MUSIQUE - IRCAM (France)
- Music Technology Group - UNIVERSIDAD POMPEU FABRA (Barcelona)
- FRAUNHOFER-GESELLSCHAFT ZUR FOERDERUNG DER ANGEWANDTEN FORSCHUNG E.V (Germany)
- TECHNISCHE UNIVERSITAET WIEN (Austria)
Selected for Moog Soundlab Residency 2015. More info at the links below.
Moog Soundlab Residency 2015
University residencies are for the love of Moog
News: Supersonic, BCU and Moog artist residencies confirmed
- Lattes, S. & Di Cecca L., (2016) Tecnico del suono, dottore a Birmingham: Balandino Di Donato, Vivere di Musica, pp. 32 33
- #MTFBerlin: Announcing… Grace Savage
- Alla ricerca del suono del futuro
- Mixed reality with the Xth Sense
- Exploring Live Sound Spatialisation Using Gestural Control
- Lo studio dei gesti per spazializzare il suono
- Balandino di Donato - Sound Spatialisation Using Gesture Control
- All’Auditorium di Shigeru Ban è il Momento di elettroAQustica
- Rassegna di arti sonore e intermediali, a L'Aquila
- ElettroAqustica: a L’Aquila rassegna arti sonore e intermediali
- Il Conservatorio per la "musica innovativa": tre giorni di "ElettroAQustica" all'Aquila
- ElettroAQustica – Rassegna di arti sonore e intermediali
- University residencies are for the love of Moog
- Moog Soundlab Residency 2015
- News: Supersonic, BCU and Moog artist residencies confirmed
- Music Tech Fest Scandi took place in Umeå, Sweden, and proved the biggest and best MTF yet, with new formats, performance and stunning music tech.
- Jamie Bullock : Thalmic Myo for Musical Applications
- Progetto WWM3 - Vivere di Musica, lavorare di Meno. Suonare New
- I Giovani del conservatorio e la musica elettronica. Il Tempo
- Maestri e giovani talenti insieme per la rassegna Early-jazz-classic. Il Centro Journal
- Talenti aquilani alla ribalta. Il capoluogo d'Abruzzo.